Monday, April 4, 2011

Book Cover Ideas

So I have been playing with some concepts for the cover. Seen as the book has alot to do with
Surveillance like cctv, tapped phone wires and just general monitoring of the public, I’ve come up with ideas with eyes and cctv cameras and monitor screens. 





I decided to move on the strong Psychological side of the book, I was inspired by some images of brain scans and brain waves to put this concept into my cover ideas.





The idea behind these images is the blue flower is what is used to make the drug,the stem of the flower is his brain wave,the two together represent his thoughts, the paper is creased and roughed up around the flower to show that this drug is damaging him. All of this is inside his head ( the silhouette) to further shows this is brain,his thoughts, his mind.

I found that people couldnt make out the  silhouette and it over compicated things and took away from the paper grid. 

This research led me on this semi-finished book covers. 






 
 Thats it for now, Ill be back with the finished cover real soon aswell as my 3D piece wich I hope will be cctv footage on a tv, lets hope that passes as 3D :/

No comments:

Post a Comment